Saturday, September 3, 2011

Host Familia


 I know you have been dying to hear about being in Quito, Ecuador-so here it is! Quito is muy ocupado. I love it though. Our days are very long with WorldTeach. We spend a lot of time in the classroom learning about safety. Next week we will begin our Spanish classes as well as some Salsa. I had a few moments where I thought to myself "What am I doing here?" It can be scary with the crime in Quito, but I am learning fast how to do the littlest things to keep safe.

Language barrier? It is hard, but I know I can't let it frustrate me or I will never learn. When I do try to communicate with my host family, it is a lot of fun and they help me a lot. Jessica, another volunteer and I live with a nice host family in South Quito. Our la casa consists of our mum (73), our hermano (28), una hermana (33) and una sabrina (6 meses). They are amazing. Today we had a WorldTeach BBQ in un Parque Metropolitano. After, our familia took us to an Ecuadorian mall as well as the markets on el calle. It was an adventure! Sometimes it can be hard to picture the life I am experiencing, so instead of more words I will include more pictures. Here they are, enjoy!


Quito, Ecuador



Mi Sabrina Sofia


Mi mamá y voluntario Jessica
Mi hermano y sobrina

El Mercado 




That is it for now.

 ¡Chao!



No comments:

Post a Comment