Sunday, September 18, 2011

Laundry



Laundry in Ecuador can be frustrating. If you are thinking about doing laundry consider using a la estera del lavadero, otherwise it will take you 48 hours to completely finish your laundry. I decided to wash one load and hand wash one load. Hand-washing your clothes is not as difficult as it seems. It actually makes more sense. The hard part is drying your clothes. Today was the perfect day because the sun was shining and it was muy caliente! Being so close to the equator, your clothes are able to dry fast. But...at the same time, it rains almost everyday here in Quito and can get very cold! And this is what happened to me today. I took about 30 minutes to hang all my clothes and about 30 minutes later had to run outside to take them down. I now have clothes hanging all over the house-I would say this process will take about 2 days to finish! Oh, how you gotta love Ecuador!
Hand-Washing Station

No comments:

Post a Comment