Thursday, October 6, 2011

Montañita

Montañita Ecuador=Surf, Cultural, Vida de Noche, Diversión, Hippie, Gran Comida & La Playa.


Montañita, a small town on the Pacific Coast located on “La Ruta del Sol” (the route of the sun), is a truly a magical paradise. Multicultural atmosphere where the people are welcoming and fun! 


Montañita is well known for surfing-which I currently learned how to do. It was such a rush to be in the Pacific Ocean learning how to surf. Surf lessons are given by locals of the village, who happen to be so friendly!




Montañita has beautiful whale watching tours that I did not do, but saw whales the morning I woke up from the balcony of my hostel. It was absolutely gorgeous. The beach itself is muy bonita. Waving palm trees and huge waves-can't get any better than that!

 Choclo! Choclo, the ear of corn, is absolutely delicious. In South America, you will find choclo in your soup, pizza, choclo cakes, sometimes choclo will be found in types of salad as well. Or, you can just eat choclo right off the stick, which I love the most. On the streets for about $1.00, you can buy choclo that is covered in mayo with queso (similar to parmesan). It is awesome.



Montañita was one out of many beach adventures to come. I know I will be going back very soon...



No comments:

Post a Comment