Monday, October 3, 2011

Beginning of Manta

Stopping for lunch during travel-time
I left Quito on Sunday morning. Rode a bus on Reina del Camino. It took about eight hours to arrive in Manta. The bus ride itself was an adventure. Rolling down the Andes Mountains, passing through Santo Domingo los Colorados and landing in Portoviejo. I saw multiple waterfalls & rivers as well as villages made of palm and straw. Getting closer and closer to the Pacific Coast, the smell was amazing. You could taste the salt in your mouth. I arrived in Portoviejo and from there stayed on the bus to Manta. My new host mom picked me up at the bus stop, I was stoked to see my new house. Manta is much different than Quito. First of all it is way hotter! Not seeing much of the city I noticed everyone wearing shorts, tanks, and flip-flops. The food seems more fresh and more my type as well. The first thing I ate was fresh Papaya. There is more of a selection of fruit near the coast. Also, ceviche and other types of pescado are more common in Manta than in Quito. Not being on the coast for 24 hours, I already feel at home. My family is quite large and speaks little English so it can be tough at times. But this forces me to speak Spanish-what other great way to learn a language more fast?!? Take a look at my new home for the year...




Until my next adventure...adiós!

No comments:

Post a Comment