Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Your Reality.

If I had any advice for every person in the entire world it would be to just live. Live day by day. Do not live in the past, do not live in the future, but concentrate on the present. Concentrate second by second on what will happen next. If you don't, parts of you will remain miserable when you don't even realize it. One thing that I have learned so far living in a third world country is to let things pass. This is something I will carry with me the rest of my life. Perfect example. Before my class, I went to make copies. All three copy stores were closed. I  find out when I get into my building where I have class-the electricity is out. My students arrive to class and I have no electricity. I teach anyways. I know this is a small, simple thing, but this is one example out of many that I go through each day living here in Ecuador. Another huge factor is the challenge of the language barrier. Trying to communicate everyday is exhausting. But I do it. I love it-and I am learning. I keep going. So this is my reality. I live in Manta, Ecuador. I am adapting to a new culture, I teach, I learn, I find what is going to make me a better person. I look forward to the decisions I make now and how it will shape my future. I strongly believe that everyone makes their own reality. If it is working forty plus hours a week and they enjoy it-then thats awesome. Find your reality and be happy because life is too damn short not to.




No comments:

Post a Comment